We are open every Saturday and Sunday for in person visitors from 1-4 pm.
The Reche Schoolhouse is open the 3rd Saturday of the month from 1-4 pm.
Private tours are also available by emailing email@example.com
- San Diego Genealogical Society announced a California Pioneer Certificate Program to honor CA early pioneers ..Details
- St. Peter’s 3rd grade class visited our museums on December 7 ..Photos
- We held our annual Christmas Open House on December 3 ..Photos
- We held our annual awards ceremony at the Reche Schoolhouse on 9/16 at 1:00pm. Photos….
- Our annual awards have been presented:
- We relocated our Gem and Mineral Display …Details
- We have a rotating display section at the Heritage Center. This quarter we have:
- Safeway in Fallbrook
- Do you have questions about Fallbrook History? Get answers from our historian! click here…
- Need to rent an interesting place to hold a meeting or event? learn more…
- We now have a monument to William Pittenger outside his home ..Click Here
- Our Reche Schoolhouse has a new Bell! .. view installation
- Everything Fallbrook .org posted a video about the Historical Society. Click here to view
- Make sure to read our most recent Featured Articles.
- All members are welcome to attend FHS board meetings, held first Tuesday of each month at 5:00pm either via Zoom or at the Heritage Center Click to register…
- FHS board meeting minutes. Click here…
- Docents wanted learn more…
- Have some talents and some time? We would appreciate your help. Investigate our Volunteer Opportunities
- Check out our newsletters
- Winter 2023 edition of our quarterly newsletter The Historian
- Read back-issues from our archives
Luiseno Indianans 1781 near Fallbrook
Fallbrook's first setteler
Fallbrook's first school built on land donated by Vital Reche
J. P. M. Rainbow
Man the town is named for.
William Pittenger, winner of the first Congressional Medal of honor. Minister in Fallbrook.
Loma Ranch on Alturas St. 1895
RR Station in Santa Margarita Canyon 1883
Ellis Hotel in Fallbrook
Note the Ellis Hotel lower right
Fallbrook's first Hospital
Fallbrook Citrus Association
Fallbrook Hospital 1960
Fallbrook Hospital 1960
Fallbrook SD County Library 1987
FHS MISSION STATEMENT
The Fallbrook Historical Society’s mission is to bring history to life by educating the community and others about Fallbrook’s rich heritage.Brief History of Fallbrook Historical Society
The Fallbrook Historical Society (FHS) received its Charter, approval of exemption as a Non-Profit Corporation and Articles of Incorporation on August 9, 1976. The first general meeting of the FHS was called to order by George Kelsey in the Fallbrook High School Cafeteria on April 4, 1977. The current location of the museum and Pittenger House, were purchased in 1981. Construction of the “Barn” began on June 3, 2006, culminating with the “Barn” being formally dedicated and named the Donald J. Rivers Interpretive Center on October 9, 2011.