We are open Sunday’s for in person visitors from 1-4 pm.
The Reche Schoolhouse is open the 3rd Saturday of the month from 1-4 pm.
Come to our Open House Saturday June 26th from 1 to 4pm.
Masks are required when visiting any of our museums.
Private tours are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We now have a rotating display section at the Heritage Center.
- April-June we have a Bridal display, come it to see it!
- We have a new roof on the Heritage Center as of April 2021. click here …
- We added some new lights to our parking lot. click here…
- CBS news 8 featured William Pittenger details…
- CBS news covers ceremony at Pittenger grave site click here…
- View our 2020 End of the Year and Annual Awards meeting that was held on 12/06/2020 at 12:00PM click here…
- All members are welcome to attend FHS board meetings, held first Tuesday of each month at 3:00pm. (On Zoom until further notice) details…
- Read about our 2020 Pioneer of the Year award recipients . details…
- See which business received the 2020 Vintage Business of the Year award . details…
- See who received our 2020 Member of the Year award. details…
- Make sure to read our most recent Featured Articles.
- Need to rent an interesting place to hold a meeting or event? learn more…
- Docents wanted learn more…
- Have some talents and some time? We would apprciate your help. Investigate our Volunteer Opportunities
- Check out our newsletters
Luiseno Indianans 1781 near Fallbrook
Fallbrook's first setteler
Fallbrook's first school built on land donated by Vital Reche
J. P. M. Rainbow
Man the town is named for.
William Pittenger, winner of the first Congressional Medal of honor. Minister in Fallbrook.
Loma Ranch on Alturas St. 1895
RR Station in Santa Margarita Canyon 1883
Ellis Hotel in Fallbrook
Note the Ellis Hotel lower right
Fallbrook's first Hospital
Fallbrook Citrus Association
Fallbrook Hospital 1960
Fallbrook Hospital 1960
Fallbrook SD County Library 1987
FHS MISSION STATEMENT
The Fallbrook Historical Society’s mission is to bring history to life by educating the community and others about Fallbrook’s rich heritage.Brief History of Fallbrook Historical Society
The Fallbrook Historical Society (FHS) received its Charter, approval of exemption as a Non-Profit Corporation and Articles of Incorporation on August 9, 1976. The first general meeting of the FHS was called to order by George Kelsey in the Fallbrook High School Cafeteria on April 4, 1977. The current location of the museum and Pittenger House, were purchased in 1981. Construction of the “Barn” began on June 3, 2006, culminating with the “Barn” being formally dedicated and named the Donald J. Rivers Interpretive Center on October 9, 2011.