Our Heritage Center Museums are closed per San Diego County Health directives.
We will reopen once again when it is allowed.
View our re-opening plan here.
Read our SD county reopening checklist here.
- View our 2020 End of the Year and Annual Awards meeting that was held on 12/06/2020 at 12:00PM click here…
- We have decorated for the Holidays! Take a look:
- The Ford Room is back on display after nearly a year’s hiatus! Make sure to see it when you visit.
- All members are welcome to attend FHS board meetings, held first Tuesday of each month at 5:00pm. (On Zoom until further notice) details…
- FHS board meeting minutes. Click here…
- 2020 FHS Goals
- Read about our 2020 Pioneer of the Year award recipients . details…
- See which business received the 2020 Vintage Business of the Year award . details…
- See who received our 2020 Member of the Year award. details…
- Make sure to read our most recent Featured Articles.
- Need to rent an interesting place to hold a meeting or event? learn more…
Docents wanted learn more…
Have some talents and some time? We would apprciate your help. Investigate our Volunteer Opportunities
Check out our newsletters
October 2020 Time Again monthly newsletter
Fall 2020 edition of our quarterly newsletter The Historian
Read back-issues from our archives
FHS MISSION STATEMENT
The Fallbrook Historical Society’s mission is to bring history to life by educating the community and others about Fallbrook’s rich heritage.Brief History of Fallbrook Historical Society
The Fallbrook Historical Society (FHS) received its Charter, approval of exemption as a Non-Profit Corporation and Articles of Incorporation on August 9, 1976. The first general meeting of the FHS was called to order by George Kelsey in the Fallbrook High School Cafeteria on April 4, 1977. The current location of the museum and Pittenger House, were purchased in 1981. Construction of the “Barn” began on June 3, 2006, culminating with the “Barn” being formally dedicated and named the Donald J. Rivers Interpretive Center on October 9, 2011.