Pine Tree Lumber
There has been a lumber yard in the vicinity of Hawthorne St. & Vine Ave, since the beginning of Fallbrook. Large amounts of sawed logs were needed to build the new town. As soon as West Fallbrook was surveyed in 1885, merchants were anxious to start building.
In December 1952, Pine Tree Lumber of Escondido bought the Hayward Lumber business and purchased all the vacant land adjoining the Hayward Lumber yard.
Mark Wieland took over the reigns of Pine Tree Lumber from his grandfather and ran it for many years. Dozens of homes have been constructed in Fallbrook, DeLuz, Bonsall and Rainbow using building materials purchased from Pine Tree Lumber.