From the earliest days of the Reche Grove School, that was built in 1886, records show that the surrounding community often held functions at the school house. The school was a polling place for elections. Church meetings were held here. Also, local debating meetings, and the literary society met here. The school house was an important place to the rural community
According to the title of Vital Reche’s original donation, the land was to be returned to the Reche family when the school closed. Former students and teachers got together to form the Reche Club in 1934 to preserve the schoolhouse and create a Community Service Club. When the school finally closed in 1939 and students were sent to the larger West Fallbrook school, Charles Reche (son of Vital) agree to donate the property to the Reche Club. Placed around the Reche Schoolhouse today are signs honoring some of the original members of the Reche Club:
| Article | Birth/Death | Photo |
|---|---|---|
| Catherine Friesen-Dicey | 1909-2005 | ![]() |
| Doris Ham | 1929-2013 | ![]() |
| Annie Lamb Hindorff | 1896-1998 | ![]() |
| Eric Hindorff | 1883-1962 | ![]() |
| Katherine Lamb McEuen | 1888-1977 | ![]() |
| Margaret Hindorff Ray | 1925-2021 | ![]() |
| Otto Ray | 1926-1996 | ![]() |







